During the process of natural healing, what herbalists call a ‘Healing Crisis’ is commonly experienced by the patient. Whereas chemical medicines merely serve to suppress symptoms in the body – storing up trouble for the future – natural methods of healing seek to get right down to the cause of the illness. This ‘flushing out’ of years of accumulated waste matter and toxins can often be an uncomfortable process, but if you are to get completely well, it is essential that you have the tenacity to go through the whole healing crisis, which is part of nature’s way of restoring you to positive, enduring and ebullient health.
When experiencing a healing crisis, please bear in mind the following:
- Anyone can have a crisis at any age, though the young will have the crisis much more quickly than those of advanced years.
- The body will not go through a healing crisis unless it is resilient enough to do so. Trust nature’s wisdom. It requires energy to have a crisis; it takes activity of blood cells and power of tissue structure. Nature will never induce a healing crisi
- It is difficult for the average person and the average medical practitioner to tell the difference between the healing crisis and a disease process though usually the manifestations are similar. A healing crisis is brought about by an accumulation o
- Patients often find it difficult to accept the fact that a healing crisis comes right after they feel better than they have for years. It is precisely at this time that the healing crisis can do its best work.
- Expect when you go through a healing crisis to re-experience all your old disease symptoms, sometimes more acutely (though generally more briefly) than the original disease. Say, for example, you had a really bad eruption of boils in your past some t
- There are three stages through which you must pass in order to get well: the eliminative, the transitional and the building stages. The healing crisis usually occurs during the transitional stage – the time when the new tissues have manufactured suff
- A true healing crisis is often very forceful. It generally lasts 3 days, starting with severe pains and slight discomfort, until the point of complete expulsion of all poisons has been reached. After this the pains diminish. Please note if the energ
- Fasting will bring on a crisis more quickly, and will speed you through more speedily, but listen to your body and ascertain whether you have the strength to undergo such a fast.
- In a healing crisis all organs will work to eliminate poison, so expect to excrete from some unusual orifices like the eyes, ears and skin, as well as in the more usual ways. Whatever catarrh and other forms of waste the body has stored up, will be d
- One crisis is not always enough for a complete cure. The person who has gone through many disease processes in life may have to experience several healing crises. Just living correctly is not enough for a complete cure. It is like training for the fi
- It is not unusual to experience a mental healing crisis as well as a physical one. Such a crisis may involve reviewing the past and flushing out many things buried in the subconscious mind. Regard this as an excellent house-cleaning process.
- During the healing crisis you may find you have little appetite and if this is the case do not force yourself to eat. Eat only foods that will assist the eliminative process and take these in small quantities. Drink plenty of purified water to help t
Finally, no two healing crises are alike. The time required for a healing crisis to come to fulfillment depends on your previous living habits and the recuperative powers of your body. The average person develops a crisis within three weeks. The discomfort of a healing crisis can be minimised by ensuring all the eliminative channels are open and working properly. The major eliminative channels are the bowels, the urinary system, the skin, the blood and the respiratory system, but do not forget that you also have smaller channels like the eyes, ears and, in women, the vagina.
From March 2011 due to new legislation, we are not allowed to make claims for treatments that has not been scientifically proven. Most complementary therapies cannot be proven despite having been found to be very effective.
All the information you find on our website has not been qualified by Scientific Research and any treatment you undertake will be at your discretion. We believe in our treatments and we have an impressive number of clients who believe in them too.