4-Day Course hosted by Gabi Heyes, ND Naturopath, Medical Herbalist
Manchester Conference Centre, Sackville Street, M1 3BB
Saturdays and Sundays
Part 1: 8th and 9th September 10am – 5pm.
Part 2: 20th and 21st October 10am – 5pm.
Join me on a 4- day course over two weekends, to increase understanding and confidence in using herbal remedies alongside nutritional support.
- Analyse 30 – 40 herbs (Indications for use and contraindications).
- Understand herbal tincture strengths e.g 1:1, 1:4 (A. Vogel, Mountain Rose, Indigo Herbs).
- Choose the form of herb to use – a glycerite, tincture, capsule or powder.
- Look at herbs on the market and decide how and when to dose, depending on strength of herbs (Nutri Advanced, Cytoplan, Viridian, Allergy Research Groups, Biotics etc).
- Consultation tips and naturopathic observations to help determine one herb over another.
- Combine herbs and nutrition to create a synergistic ‘prescription’.
- Learn which herbs are appropriate with key medications.
- Herbal detoxification of the 6 main elimination organs.
- Provide support for each body system.
- Nutritionists/ Naturopaths/ Homeopaths/ Chiropractors/ Osteopaths/cupuncturists/ Holistic Therapists looking to widen their knowledge and bridge the gap between different areas of the naturopathic field.
- Those wanting to use herbal remedies within the remit of nutrition etc, to understand when one market formula would be preferable over another.
- Practitioners wanting to obtain CPD Points.
What this isn’t:
- Not a certified course, registered under a College.
- Not trying to turn you into herbalists.
- Not allowing you to write herbal prescriptions.
- Not a practical-herbal making session – theory only.
- NOTE: Fun tincture/ glycerite/ cream making are separate sessions held at Natural Practices Clinic. As a Nutritionist etc you’re unlikely to need this in Practice.
Cost of the four days is £440
Can be paid in installments of £55 from Mar-Oct
Please contact Gabi Heyes to request a booking form : firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 2 builds on from the previous study days and cannot be taken in isolation.
Gabi Heyes ND, Naturopath Consultant, Herbalist & Lecturer.
About the Lecturer
Gabi set up Natural Practices Clinic in 2002, achieving a healthcare model with experts in the fields of Nutrition, Naturopathy, Herbalism and Functional Medicine under the same roof.
She writes for health magazines, runs two support groups, hosts workshops and regularly lectures for the College of Naturopathic Medicine in Nutrition, Herbal Medicine and Naturopathy.
Naturopathy, Medical Herbalism, Iridology, Bio-Energetic Stress Testing, Functional Medicine, Nutrigenomics, Phlebotomy, Biopuncture, Kinesiology, Colonic Hydrotherapy, Reflexology, Aromatherapy.